Shabby Chic Sarah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message boards for www.shabbychicsarah.blogspot.com - crafting, crochet, knitting, sewing, family.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello everyone!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Clarebear

Clarebear

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 am

Hello everyone....I am a fellow IG'er (clarebear1209) or Clare! I thought this was such a good idea Sarah, so thought I would come and say hello!

I live on the border of Swansea and Carmarthenshire in lovely Wales. We bought our smallholding 2 years ago and are having lots of fun renovating it at the moment! It's our little piece of rural life...we have some chooks, a veggie patch, a new family of cats and soon some sheep too. All very exciting!! Ant...my lovely fiance and I are getting married next April so I am busy researching lots of lovely things for our spring fete/rustic/rural/lovely style wedding....as well as trying to lose weight for my dream dress! Thank goodness for Weight Watchers!

I'm a Chemistry teacher in a comprehensive school in Neath (Ant is actually my head of department Wink so there is no escaping me! Thank goodness we get on so well. I have three lovely step daughters which most of you may have seen lots of pics of on IG. They are so lovely and we love having them here for adventures!

I would love to have more time to do more craft...I love cross stitch and sewing and baking...as well as pottering around making pretty things. My summer holiday ambition is to learn how to crochet. I love seeing what everyone on IG is up to...it is very inspiring. You lot are mega clever. I am a little Cath Kidston obsessed...somehow I got away with having our dining room wallpapered in Cath...thankyou Ant!

Anyway, this is me. It's very nice to meet you! Clare xx
Back to top Go down
Shabby Chic Sarah
Admin
Shabby Chic Sarah

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:57 am

Wow, you are living one of my dreams!! I'd so love a little small holding - to keep my horses at home would be amazing!!

If you want to learn to crochet I recommend the book(let) Crochet Unravelled - I had been kind of doing it but holding the hook all wrong but a quick read of that and I picked up the hook and just did it!!

Well done getting the CK paper past your OH!! It's a slippery slope now, I started with the bedroom wallpaper and now it's all over the house!!

Going to do a post on my blog so hopefully a few more people will join in soon!!

Hugs,

S x
Back to top Go down
https://shabbychicsarah.forumotion.com
Clarebear

Clarebear

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Haha Sarah...that's what I was hoping..one room of CK wallpaper and maybe I can bring in some more?? I think I have the same paper as you do in one of your rooms. It is soooo pretty!!

We have stables for horses...but I'm mega scared of them so it is full of an old landrover project and Ant's various other bits and bobs! Wink I can cope with chickens and sheep but anything bigger is a bit too scary for me!

This is a really good idea! Well done with coming up with it! xx
Back to top Go down
Shabby Chic Sarah
Admin
Shabby Chic Sarah

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 pm

I'd love stables!! Funnily enough, I am a nervous rider having had a horse that was a loony in the past, but I love to be around them, one of my favourite things is to throw my arms around their necks and breathe in that horsey smell!!

S x
Back to top Go down
kazzy

kazzy

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 pm

I love you hi sarah its Kazzy from 'Country Rabbit'...I was trying to work out how to message for a while! hehe! i'm not good with these type of things but i'm sure i'll get the hang of it lol! Big hello's to all!!!! x
Back to top Go down
Shabby Chic Sarah
Admin
Shabby Chic Sarah

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello hunny!! bounce
Back to top Go down
kazzy

kazzy

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 pm

flower hi sarah, do you know how to add a profile pic? i cant seem to find out how to...x
Back to top Go down
kazzy

kazzy

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm

...I should really be dishing up a roasty and instead im on the internet haha ;0)x
Back to top Go down
Shabby Chic Sarah
Admin
Shabby Chic Sarah

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 am

Mmmmm, I could just eat a roast but we have had no fridge for over a week so have been living on rubbish bought just before we cook it. New one delivered tomorrow!!

To add a profil pic select "profile" (just under Shabby Chic Sarah header) and then select "avatar" (on the top of that page in tiny pink letters) and you can upload a pic there!!

S x
Back to top Go down
kazzy

kazzy

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:32 am

flower thanks for that huni x

oh nooo!!!...least its on its way tomorrow. I have no freezer so everything can only stay in the fridge so frozen stuff has a short time limit of a few days! grrrrrr...i've been living without it since christmas- i feel like im constantly shopping for food!...Its like id love to make my own lollies with fruit juice when its really hot...boo!....oh'well...hope the sun is shinning where you are, its turned very grey here today ;0(
Back to top Go down
Shabby Chic Sarah
Admin
Shabby Chic Sarah

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:44 am

It's sunny at the moment, but clouds are threatening - we got really hot and bothered clearing out all the rubbish from the side of the house so Currys can deliver new fridge freezer.

The old one is only 4yrs old, huge American thing and when Comet delivered it we were out, builder doing kitchen was in and Comet left it on the doorstep despite us paying £50 (yep £50!!!!!) for delivery!! I was livid!! Hoping Currys do better!!

It's been a real pain, even keeping things in for lunch. I'm paranoid about food hygiene so won't eat anything that has been out for too long. Don't know what folks did in the days when no one had fridges!!

S x
Back to top Go down
lisapinke

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 am

Hi Kazzy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shabby Chic Sarah :: General :: Introductions....-
Jump to: